We are committed to involving parents in shared decision-making and encouraging parents to become active participants in their child’s educational process.
Schools, community organizations, and businesses are committed to reaching out to engage parents in meaningful ways, and parents are committed to actively supporting their child’s learning and development.
Message to Parents
When schools and families work together to support learning, children are motivated to succeed not just in school, but throughout life. The Clarksdale Municipal School District recognizes that a child's education is a responsibility shared by both schools and families during the entire period a child spends in school.
The following are just a few suggestions of the many ways you can be involved with your child's education:
- Contact your child's teacher when school begins and consistently communicate throughout the school year.
- Participate in parent/teacher conferences. Join the PTO.
- Be positive when talking with your child about school related activities.
- Ask the teacher what your child is learning and how you can support this at home.
- Talk with your child daily about homework, classroom activities, and events.
- Learn about school policies and expectations so you can help your child understand them.
- Make efforts to stay informed of school and classroom events.
- Model behaviors and attitudes you expect from your child.
- Establish a daily family routine.
- Monitor out of school activities.
- Model the value of learning, self-discipline, and hard work.
- Express high, but realistic expectations for achievement.